Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wait... What happened?




Tap, tap, tap... The keys on multiple keyboards in one room cry out. A swarm of these cries around the ears of the 4 or 5 people in Room 122 at the Chateau de Pourtales as homework is frantically being worked on before our deadlines just moments away. 

*POP* "New E-Mail from Dad"

I click on the Growl notification on the right side of my laptop and read the subject line to myself.

"Sizing..."

"They finally got back to me about shirt sizes," I thought to myself as I opened the message. I looked over the e-mail 2 or 3 times before turning around, eyes shifted, and forehead crinkled.

"What?" everyone in the room states in an almost harmonic tone. I tell them that I am thoroughly confused and read them aloud the email of which I had just received.

"Call we know about greece we need to help you
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry”

“Greece?” everyone says as they look at me with utter confusion and humor.

Beep!

Not even two minutes later, my iPod sounds off as I receive a text from a very good friend of mine.

“What the hell is going on Ronnie?!?! Are you okay??”

I repeat this to my friends and they look back at me and giggle a little. I ask her what she was talking about and she replies with the same Greece story that my parents told to me.

“Ronnie, call your mom. She is flipping out.”

I call my mom and she starts speaking at a million words a minute. Trying hard to keep up with her, I answer her 3,000 questions and look at my friends, all staring in my direction, as my computer speakers blare the voice of my mother down the halls of the Chateau.

“No mom, I have never been to Greece… No mom… I haven’t even left France yet for any trips on my own… Wait what?...”

My confusion comes to a pause.

“I was in an accident in Greece and I asked for $5000? Mom, I was never in Greece!”

‘Nanny said you called her and told her this about an hour or two ago,’

I reply to the numerous texts bombarding my phone as things slowly start to get figured out and come together. My mom’s voice slows as she starts to come to the realization that I am not anywhere near Athens and that I am completely safe from any harm.

“So you sure you are ok?” she tells me over my Skype call to her phone.

“Yes mom… But, can I still have that $5000?” I throw in just seconds before she starts to say her good byes.

“Are you kidding Ronnie? We just had a heart attack! Maybe if you were in Greece and…”

I cut her off.

“Will you pay for my ticket to Greece, so that I can be?” I reply with wit to lighten the mood.

I hang the phone up and turn to my friends as everyone bursts into laughter of disbelief and complete confusion.

Most confusing night ever.

Moral of the story? 



-Don’t go to Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment