Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Something New.... Hmm.. 40th anniversary parties?? I think so!!

<Cue 007 Theme>

So, I'll make this one shorter than the last. We went out to dinner like normal with the Big Boss Man and the gang. Normal night, or was it...? We had a normal french dinner of tarte flambee and some bread and wines. A nice dinner outing. It was about to get better...

Flashback!


Morning came. Far to early it seemed. "You've got to be kidding me," I say in disbelief as I listen to the yelling of men in the courtyard below and the cranes running, which woke me up far too early. Things need to change, I think to myself. I wake up and do my thing and walk to the balcony of our room. A gigantic tent had just been erected in a matter of hours. Lights were in place, a huge sound system was being tested... This'll be a good night... I slyly think to myself as I rush out the door to our first class...

Flash-forward!


View from the Chateau
We return to the Chateau, late, as we say people in designer suits and girls decked out in Prada and Gucci. I could have sworn Louis Vuitton was there as well. This party was off the hook! Music had been blasting down the road, light shows with lasors to build it up even more. I have got to get in...

Everyone, on the way back to the Chateau, had been joking around about crashing the party. So many comments filling the air about how funny it would be if someone did... How much they would be "The Man"...

Lasers... For real...


I had to get in...

I rush to my dorm room and grab my own designer suit bought from London, England and throw it on. I run to my mirror, do a quick pamper of the hair and face and run to the other rooms. "I'm going in guys, wish me luck!"

So that was it... It was now just the four body guards and two guest list checkpoints in my way to make it down into Chateau history. I act cool and collected as I got into line. Pushing near another group of people in front of me to look more in character. I only had a few seconds to come up with a name and story before someone came up to me and asked me, "Bonjour, comment appelez-vous? Souhaitez-vous champagne?"


"Um, oui merci. But, me french is, how you say? Very bad. Je suis Romanian. I am Svris."


"Ah, oui. Merci."


That's me in between the waiter in the white and a bodyguard of a couple in the grey.
I grab my champagne glass and walk forward. My heart is absolutely racing. The hardest part is yet to come...  


I walk forward as the group in front of me starts to chat with the bouncer. I take a couple steps forward with them and nod to the conversation, pretending I am with them. Eventually the bouncer smiles at us and waves us to the door.


Two more bouncers were at the door, guest lists in hand. I play it cool and look around. Please get distracted... I think to myself as I walk forward.


No luck...


"Name?" is said in a large angry voice. I look up and start to speak, but it was to the person to the right of me. Perfect. The bouncer turns around to grab something as I walk in with the group ahead of me. We walk towards a table to the left to sign in. Another guest list? I casually walk in and at the last second, spun to the right and entered the party. 


That's me standing tall facing inwards between the blue door way next to the bouncer.
I had done it. I was in! I had no problems once I was in. Free sandwiches and things on toothpicks. What the life. I had single handedly entered a three guest list party, super formal at the age of 18! The youngest "assistant CEO millionaire who was looking to create good ties with this 40th year business" was my story. 18 years old and a millionaire. Everyone who talked to me bought it. After a couple of drinks and sandwiches, I make my way to the door. Tipping the bouncers and winking at the lovely girls that had been eye balling me all night long at the tables.


The next James Bond, ladies and gentlemen.

The names Ronnie...

4 comments:

  1. Amazing job. Even though I wasn't there to see it, I got back right after and it was hilarious. Props to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha, the best of the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. SERIOUSLY??? Wow. I don't even know what to say, except thanks for sharing the story!

    ReplyDelete