Monday, August 23, 2010

Diary Entry 1


            Dear Diary,

My first real entry will be about the Global Beginnings program that I am enrolled into. I am so ready to get on the plane and explore the world and see what France has to offer me and I to France. I have already been to Europe, London, and so I know a LITTLE bit about what Europe brings and its likes and dislikes. I was only there for a week though.. With such a long stay in a foreign country, I definitely feel like being completely (basically) independent for so long will make me a far more mature and far more knowledgeable person.
            The most challenging part about it, will just getting accustomed to their way of life and fitting in. You do NOT want to be an outcast from the French society for the duration of the three and a half months. You want to be able to blend and be a part of their culture. That will really help me learn about their lifestyles, culture, and some history even.
            The most fun part was noted above. I really think the most fun will be living like them. Their fashion, food, crazy lifestyle… Completely different from what we are used to. I found this out from my brief experience in London. People in Europe can be a lot more well-mannered and seem very wealthy and knowledgeable by how they present themselves. Knowledge is power as you all may know.
            I hope to gain a brand new outlook and perspective on life and come back with wonderful and interesting stories of my life as ‘The French Bicep’. 

Getting ready to leave for France. HI MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment