Friday, November 26, 2010

Interview on the Inside

Me: Now that our time is coming to an end, how have you seen yourself grow from that kid at CSC?

Been-Jammin': I've grown an amazing beard, my hair is way too long and I am in a major need of some grooming.  On the inside I've grown in the social aspect of my life a lot.  I've never lived this close to so many people for this length of time before.  Coming in to this experience I didn't really know what would be the most difficult aspect, but for me the hardest part was actually living so close to all these people.  All my life prior to this I've had time and space to myself, that is just something that is not possible living here.  I've grown to actually enjoy being with people almost every waking hour of the day.

Me: What has been the most eye opening experiance in france? One that made you self realize the most?

Been-Jammin': My most eye opening experience was the people here at the chateau.  The chateau is full of great people from all over the place.  People from Canada, Georgia, New Hampshire, China, Nepal, Romania, and I'm sure other places have all came together and for the most part have created a great atmosphere for fun and learning.

Me: How have you learned from these people from around the world? Not only about their cultures, but about yourself and what you have / dont have compared?

Been Jammin': I have learned a lot from spending so much time with all of these diverse people.  There are some basic things that we all have in common, like wanting to have a good time, and there are other things that are much different from culture to culture.  Some of the things that we take for granted, like the tram rushing by means little to me, but our Nepali friend thinks it's amazing.  He said it was like living in a future world.  It was fun to learn about some of the other cultures, especially when the topic was food.  Nepali feasts were some of the best times of the trip for me.  Spending time with everyone reminded me that the entire world doesn't revolve around America, even though we might sometimes think that.


THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment